The IT Services Department of the Cantonal Administration of the Vaud District is engaged in a continual improvement process of its ITSM. D²X Expertise’s Business Analysts has supported the Vaud District in this process for several years. The SACM (Software Asset and Configuration Management) domain represents a central part of this process.
On behalf of the IEC, IT Exploitation Centre, D²X Expertise ensures project management to set up SACM processes and tools :
- Outline the scope of the concerned processes and procedures,
- Communication between the various stakeholders within the IT Services Department
- Coordination of our Business Analysts’ activities.
Issues & Goals
The correct implementation of the SACM depends on controlling the software park (900+) and the licenses. The stakes for the ISD are :
- To guarantee that the software is used in compliance with the regulations from software publishers,
- To ensure the traceability of deployment requests and installations on workstations.
Thanks to a complementary working environment between d²X Expertise’s Project Manager and the Business Analysts, a project plan was defined after only 6 weeks. It addressed :
- Full coverage of the SACM area,
- The rapid disengagement of a transitional tool, originally designed for the Windows XP to Windows 7 migration project.